Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Wikipedia Topic

I have definitely decided that I will do my Wikipedia topic on my employer, Tenneco Automotive. Right now, I don't know a whole lot about the history of the company, other than it has been around for quite some time. I know that Tenneco owns the brands Monroe, Walker, Clevite, Gillet, Ranch, DynoMax, Fonos, Fric-Rot, Kinetic, Thrush, and DNX. Whew! Also - according to the site, we have "74 manufacturing facilities located in 22 countries and on 6 continents". The company has been publicly traded on the NYSE since November 5, 1999 under the symbol TEN and is a $3.5 billion company with 19,600 employees. I will try to find out some more information about the company on Friday when I can pick the brains of some of the folks who have been around for a little while...

No comments: