Monday, November 07, 2005

Great Site with (sadly) Only One Product

I was researching some equipment for work and came across www.simpleio.com which has an opto-isolated triac board that they sell in various different forms. First - there is a version with eight triacs and another with four. They also sell the same boards without terminal connectors for a substantial saving, kits that can be assembled (with and without terminal connectors), and just the bare boards that can be populated with your own components. As if this weren't enough - they also have the schematics and board layouts available to download for free! But wait, there's more! There's also a section with details about how the circuit and the individual components work. The whole feeling of the site can be summed up quite well in this from the schematic page: "I hope you like this enough to buy the boards (the triac output bare boards are fun!), but even if you don't buy from us, you may know someone who will." This looks to be an excellent site and I plan to purchase some of their boards for my own use - more on that later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just an update - they now have a 12 port version of their boards that would, now that I've partially assembled the blanks that I bought earlier, have been perfect for my Christmas lights...